For those who are looking to stay put in Colorado, Littleton is the best place for retirement, followed by Englewood and Salida. That’s according to SmartAsset’s second annual report on the best places to retire, a comprehensive report that analyzed nearly 4,700 cities and towns nationwide.
To compile its report, the New York-based data and financial services provider ranked cities and towns based on:
• Taxes (based on retiree, who earns $35,000 per year).
• Number of doctor’s offices per 1,000 people.
• Number of retirement offices per 1,000 people.
• Number of recreation centers per 1,000 people.
• Number of seniors as a percentage of the total population.
All three Colorado high-ranking cities scored well for medical care and recreational activities, and fell in the middle of the pack for the number of retirement centers.
Nationwide, Littleton ranks No. 1,014 among 4,700 cities, Englewood No. 1,147 and Salida No. 1,187.